About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Am I Green? Because I Really Thought I Was Pink!


I was given a nice little profile on a Green blog recently. That was great, thank you, but I wondered if I belonged there. Am I Green? Do I need to think I am for others to? Guess not.

As much as I don't really want to be labelled as Recycle (plastic) Girl I can't deny that I seem to have an affinity with recycled materials and am drawn to them. I really can't go past a Vinnies without going in. There may be hidden treasures just waiting for me.

I do know that you need to define yourself or otherwise others will, but I don't mind feeling that I don't have to control everything. Anyway green is my favourite colour!

3 comments:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog - love your stuff!

artfulzebra said...

Thought I'd hop over and check your blog out after seeing your knitting needle bracelets on Laura's blog. They're great and I love your work! Fab stuff!

Anonymous said...

Green is a good thing! Who wants to send tupperware to the landfill? You make it too beautiful!
Liz