About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

Counter Attack

I spent a fun filled night sorting out vintage ( overused term but still better than old) counters into pairs. This is just the sort of thing to do in front of the T.V!

Although I felt I wanted to move away from recycled materials this year I seem to keep coming back to them. I guess I'll just incorporate new and old plastics together and allow my work to evolve in its own time (with some guidance). Coming to this conclusion has freed me up and I now feel that I can enjoy the journey again rather than focusing so much on the final outcome.

No comments: