About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2006

Plastic Crafts


I'm keen on given those plastic crafts of the 50's/60's a go.

I've collected a few pattern books and vintage handcrafted plasticy things. These are two of my recent finds.

Perhaps I'll start with plastic tube earrings and work my way up to wall panels several meters long. What fun!

3 comments:

Florence Forrest said...

Wall panels? Oh, yes please.

xx flojo

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

What about panels for fancy art built in projects in public buildings?- you could finally transcend the terrible shame of being a mere craft artist? and those sterile public buidings could do with a bit of heart amidst all the concrete and brushed steel.

Florence Forrest said...

I too find it ironic to think that colour infact is most suited to be seen next to grey and yet...where's the colour???