About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Geek Week (4) - The Vampire Slayer And Me


Watching T.V and making things. What could be better than that? As far back as I can remember I always made things. There was the pink velvet aeroplane, the revamped vintage clothes and the jewellery. T.V was always there with me. T.V addicted? Answer is yes.

My favourite T.V show of all time is Buffy (Twilight Zone comes second). I am a huge Vampire Slayer fan and I am not ashamed. There is more subtext, truth, humanity, intelligence and humour in Buffy than I have seen in many white walled rooms. Art is art and it can be where you don't expect it and not where you do.

Anyone up for a game of Buffy (boardgame)? I bags Spike.

**Picture of Xan named after Xander Harris and child named after a princess (Amaya not Leia).

2 comments:

Florence Forrest said...

I'll be up for a game of that, I'll be Giles, as long as his packing the same level of heat as the doll version on top of your computer:D

Liana Kabel said...

Naturally. Who else were you going to be??