About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Meet The Makers


Do you want to know how handmade items came in to the world? Who made them, what was the inspiration and the processes involved? Well I do, and I'm guessing many others do also. Have you seen how any craft blogs are out there!

The lovely Cate Brown, retail assistant at Craft Queensland, had the idea of holding monthly talks, where the makers would step out from the shadows and discuss their work.

The first round of talks had four of my favourite Brisbane makers so I was sorry to have missed it. There was Shannon Garson(work pictured above) who makes fine porcelain vessels with organic painterly designs. Marc Harrison, the designer of the must-have Husque bowl (such pretty colours) and fab duo Sarah Rayner (the Bag Lady) and Lee Sisson (the Jewellery Lady) of Audrey and Rose.

I'll be doing my talk in August. I'm shaking in my boots at the thought of speaking in public, but I have to support a good idea.

No comments: