About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Porcelain Revisited



I've had a huge rummage around in my studio and pulled out all my porcelain jewellery components, and there were rather a lot. I was a bit surprised to discover how many of the pieces were white, considering how big a part colour plays in my plastic jewellery. I guess this is how work can develop and change.

It has been an interested experiment going back to ceramics and reinterpreting work that I had previously made and considering how this work could fit into my current plastic dominated interests. So after much toing and froing I decided not to make new work but rather revisit old pieces and add colour and plastics. As this was something I always intended on doing the Verge Ceramic Conference provided a great opportunity to pull my finger out and do it now.

The final results will be on display at Craft Queensland July 11th.

No comments: