About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Merchant Blood


The Germans make things and the Italians sell things.

Although not representative of every member of my German/Italian family it comes pretty darn close. I always knew I liked to make things but it is becoming more apparent to myself that I really like to sell things. My father (The German) calls this my merchant blood. I could give you a long list of my Sicilian relations and their selling achievements but I'll just mention one for now, my second cousin Remo. His father and my grandmother were siblings.

He definitely had the smarts to have been anything he liked but I'm guessing he just couldn't fight his merchant blood (his dad's factory is mentioned in an earlier post). The other thing about us Italians is that we just don't give up easily. To find out what I'm talking about check out Remo's website.

No comments: