About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ramon Puig Cuyàs


Spanish jeweller Ramon Puig Cuyàs is a definite favourite. There is of course colour and the use of plastics, which is so appealing, but there is also the balance between freedom and control. Every element in his pieces seems so random and yet so perfectly placed. Perhaps this is because as Ramon once said".....what really drives my work is intuition, not the thinking."(read the rest here).

Maybe this year will be about trusting myself a little more and finding balance. Not easy things but worth working towards.

View(more images here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an amazing piece. I like what he said about using intuition and not intellect for the arrangment. great find.

yes, balance is the watch word of the year for me too.

xx

evatt + jade said...

I think you would love Katy Hackney, you should check out her amazing pieces if you aren't already familiar.
xx