About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Resin & Rings


I feel a burning desire to make rings.
Rings have been dominating my thoughts.
I must make rings!

As I wish to incorporate new and recycled plastics into the ring designs I keep coming back to the use of resin or acrylic materials. I have some reservations regardings both of these because they have been used so extensively in recent years. I wonder if I can design something new/fresh with them?

US Jeweller Shannon Carey uses resin in a really interesting way . I would describe her resin pieces as new & fresh. Her use of the plastic is so simple as all she seems to make from it is tiny droplets. In these tiny drops she has made use of resins special properties, such as adhesiveness, colour range and lightness, to stunning effect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please make rings Liana!!!!

Ursula Achten said...

some inspiration??:
http://www.thecarrotbox.com
Perhaps you know it already...
I think, it's interesting to use only one material... I try to make rings only with paper, no use of "make-it-more-durable-material".
I'm very curious about the rings you will come up with :)))

Margaux Lange said...

I'm with ya on feeling the urge to make rings lately, I have had that same feeling myself!

That resin artist has some amazing work. Thanks for posting that.

Liana Kabel said...

I've started to play and will post results shortly.......

shula said...

Not averse to a little meadow lea, are you, Liana?