About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

A Note From My Mum


If it were still the days when a note from my Mum would do, I would get her to write something like this.

To Whom it May Concern,

Please excuse Liana for delays in blogging, the sending of her (already late!!) Newsletter, and the making of Knitwit Bangles for the next day or two. She has been feeling rather poorly and is in bed with some horrid stomach type bug and I expect it will be another day or two until she is totally ship shape and feeling 100% back on top of her duties.

Thank you,

Liana's Mum

4 comments:

shula said...

I wrote one of those just this morning.

Of course, I used to write my own, as well, and my Mum would just sign at the bottom.

She reckoned I could say it better than she did.

In time, I worked out her signature as well.

Everyone was happy.

mod*mom said...

good idea! i hope you're better soon.
do you get "dancing with the stars" on tv?
you are an example for us all
creative mom making treasures out of discards

Liana Kabel said...

Just between us Miss Shula I am not so bad at the old forgery myself.

I suspect in time my own daughters will develop this time honored skill.

Liana Kabel said...

Hi modmom. Yes, we do have "dancing with the stars" but I can't say I watch it, although my parents wouldn't dream of missing an episode. We like the "Biggest Loser" at my house.

Oh thanks!!