About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy


I wanted to be in the Sydney Morning Herald for ages. I didn't want to chase it. I just wanted it to happen, and I was willing to wait for it. On Saturday it did! Yay, I'm so happy because it's my hometown newspaper. All good things come to those who wait - maybe so.

The publicity machine appears to be in overdrive at the moment. Perhaps I am boring you with it all? I know my kids are fairly unimpressed. I tried to show my eldest daughter some piece of publicity recently and she didn't even look up from her Simpsons viewing. When I asked her if she was at all interested in me showing her, she made the comment, "come on mum, it's not like it doesn't happen a lot !" - fair enough.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I saw this and whooped with joy! Congratulations!

Liana Kabel said...

Thanks Kara!

My mum saw it. She said she was looking through the gift guide and thought 'Liana should be in this' ,and then saw that I was. Funny!