About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pheww!


All of my studio sales/market days/jewellery parties are over for the year. Yeah! It was a lot of work and I had wondered, on more than one occasion, how I was going to get through it. But I did, and the truth of it was that I enjoyed all of the events. I love that chance to get to chat to people and get instant feedback about my designs. You hear loads of good stories, and customers telling you how great you are all day isn't so bad too!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came along to these events and showed your great support by doing so. It is appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you again next year!

One of the highlights of my shows was meeting Melbourne Jeweller Anna Davern, in the flesh. It was great timing that she happened to be visiting Brisbane just when our Umbrella Collective show was on. She took the above photo of me on the day (as you can see I'm have a piggy tail thing at present - all part of my general regression). I hope to catch up with her in Melbourne next year. Anna you did say that I could come stay with you then. I have put that in writing now!!

Anyway, the shows may be over but I still have oodles of work to do. There will be a time soon to rest, and hopefully that will only be for a little while. I don't like to stop for too long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Umbrella show. Can't wait until next year!