About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 04, 2008

Need It Now?


It's still raining and all I want to do is crawl back into bed and read a book/watch a DVD/thumb through magazines/drink tea/write to do-lists/or anything else but sit in my studio and make work. I have a pile of orders to fill and it doesn't feel like I've had much of a Xmas break. But mustn't complain (too much) as I am going away in a week's time for over two weeks. I think I do need a break but I'm also a little freaked out about being away for so long. I thought things would be quiet now. I'm grateful they are not, but still....

Anyway I'll try not to collapse and give into total breakdown mode until I'm on that plane on January 13 (back 31st Jan). So what I'm trying to say in an extremely round about way is that if you want to place an order this month, you are welcome to do so early this week. I will make it and post it to you next week before I go away. Otherwise I'll be back here February 1st, hopefully somewhat rested and filled with enthusiasm and new ideas!

pictured above Liz Jones (Betty Jo) sent me a snap of her wearing some of my pieces & hers too (which is only fair) - thanks Liz!!

2 comments:

Liana Kabel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaylen said...

oh my gosh, when it rains...i want to do the exact same things. i hope you had a good trip