About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Love & Such Things



Sorting through photos the other day I came across this one. I'm with my first born and I've just had baby number two (she must be asleep inside, wedged between pillows). Probably in the past I would have hated this photo. Most likely focusing on how big I am. When I saw this now I really didn't care about that I just though I looked in love. That's what love looks like, and it was nice to see it captured.

One of my friends was saying the other day that life is easy/simple and that we make it hard. Well I don't know if I agree completely with that. Life can be hard and lots of terrible things do happen. I do agree that we often make it harder than it needs to be, through unrealistic wants and dwelling on the negatives. I guess I used to be a lot more like that too. But lately I'm wondering what's wrong with focusing on the nice things, the simple joys, a little more often?

No comments: