About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Evolution


necklace made today



Last week I knew that things would change. I had just layed out and priced my work for the studio sale. There were at least a dozen different designs of earrings, necklaces, brooches and even the odd ring. The jewellery came in bright plasticy colours made from my trademark materials, such as Tupperware, tape measures and knitting needles. There was certainly a lot to choose from. As I stood looking at it all I knew that my work would not stay this way for much longer. It wasn't a conscious decision, but it did feel like a certain one.

I'm not sure what I mean by this exactly. It was more of a feeling. I guess I know that I will be refining my work and many pieces will no longer be made, or will be reworked in some way. I don't expect the work will be completely different, but it will be different. I don't know when the evolution will end, but I feel it has started. I'm in no rush for change, although the change seems inevitable, and I welcome it.

Maybe this has a lot to do with my own changes, as my work is very much a reflection of myself. It is, and I hope always will be, true to me.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Its a nice thought in your head when you feel its time for a change. Seeing everything laid out must really pull it all together to determine what the next step might be. It all looks divine!!!

Liana Kabel said...

So many changes right now! Most will be good - I think!

Cocoa Pod said...

I have probably said this 100 times, but I believe that the beauty to create has to come from within, and the creation is a picture of within. I certainly agree that change is a reflection of yourself, and hope you stay true to you, as well! Enjoy the ride.

thetinylittlegirl said...

i can feel my work changing too. it's so great that you've got this drive to move forward, go with it!