About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Great Expectations



Do you aim high and risk disappointment? Or do you aim low in the hope that you may be pleasantly surprised?

My tendency in the past has been to aim low. My tendency in recent years is to aim high. In this way I can at least feel like I have giving it a go regardless of the outcome. Although having been a devote of both practices I'd say now that aiming high is the way to go, for me anyway. You tend to push yourself more, expect more for yourself, and end up achieving more than you had expected. It doesn't tend to happen in a straight line though. You fail. You get knocked back. You feel disappointed. But you tend to get better at bouncing back and trying again. The more you achieve the more you know you can achieve.

PS Thank you to everyone who came along to the GoMA market. I had a great day with lots of sales, lots of friends and the, always lovely, opportunity of meeting some terrific new people!

Pictured above - Scoop necklaces

1 comment:

Melinda Young said...

Liana, you are an inspiration always
mel
xxx