About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2009

Love Knots


Making jewellery out of recognizable recycled materials, such as my knitting needle bangles, is something I truly love to do. But even more than that, I love to make jewellery out of the scraps. When you aren't quite sure what the materials were originally. Making something lovely from the remnants is what I love best.

At the moment I am enjoying making Love Knots. Pictured above, are a range of new rings made from the middles of vintage knitting needles. I have a box full of these pieces left over from years of making earrings and necklaces from knitting needle tops and tips. The colours and plastics are so lovely that I couldn't bare to throw them away (not that I am one for throwing much away!).I expected the right idea would come along eventually. I think it has! There are also earrings and necklaces in the making, which I am equally excited about, and will show you here soon.

Rings retail for $35AU single knot/$45AU double knot, and will shortly be available through stockists nationally. Email me if you would like further details.

4 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

I would love to post some of your jewelry on my blog - linking back to you so people will know where to buy it. Let me know if that is okay with you.

kasch5 at comcast dot net

gill said...

i want to eat them....jajajaja!!
NICE!

Anonymous said...

simple, cute, colorful. great idea.

The Clothes Horse said...

These are so cute! I love (ironically) the love knot rings, might just have to get myself one!