About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Resin Jewellery





Making resin jewellery is something I have been wanting to try for years. It is also something that I have resisted trying for years. That is due to my mixed feelings towards it.

I've said something about the reason I wanted to try it here. I am interested in all plastics, so I feel it is important to try as many different types, even if I don't end up using them in the long run.

I guess the reasons I haven't wanted to use resin are just because there is so much resin jewellery already out there, and I try to do something a little different and keep my work as original as possible. Also it isn't a lovely material to work with. Although I do love the versitility of it (moulding, embedding, etc).

Saying all that, I have made a number of pieces of jewellery using resin, which I feel fit well with my other collections. This is because I have incorporated materials that I have used before (tape measures, vintage nana beads), and made several moulds from my vintage collections (beehive buttons, Kewpie dolls).

I'm sure how much resin will continue to feature in my designs, but I am happy that I have given it a go finally and am overall very happy with the results.

Several designs have been added to my webshop , and i'll add more soon.

2 comments:

Ce said...

Hi!
I wrote about you on my blog, hope you don´t mind. Thanks & congrats for the nice work you do.

regards


-ce-

Liana Kabel said...

Thanks Ce! No I never mind that. appreciate it.