About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ready for 2010!



Welcome 2010! The kids are back at school, and I feel rested and on top of things (well, for now at least), so I'm more than ready to kick of the year. Actually I feel excited about it and am looking forward to creating new work and stretching myself creatively this year. I hope you all had a great holiday and are feeling inspired too.

In amongst my giant to do list I thought I would start this week with an etsy makeover. I've changed the banner, some of the wording and have started to photograph everything in a consistent manner. I am aiming to create a look that is interesting, unique, fun and really reflect me and my work. I think the shop has been a little here and there in the past.

The photography for my etsy listings will be different. I've added a textured background and some colour (like the picture above), which I think works better for etsy. Perhaps that is because you need to draw customers in with a small image. For my media photos I will most often use a white background. I sometimes do find that a bit boring, but this is what is generally required, and you do need to have some of these.

I hope to have my etsy shop looking fab by next week. You are welcome to view my progress so far and offer me any advice. I'd appreciate that.

P.S there is a $20 earrings sale ending this weekend. After that the earrings, along with the other pieces, will be rephotographed and relisted.

2 comments:

Veronica Darling... said...

Just quickly peeked, and it's looking very fitting to your designs and overall feel.

The perspective on your items is great and really looks 3d as opposed to flat (hope that makes sense!)!

Happy year ahead to you!

Liana Kabel said...

Happy New Year Miss Darling!

Thank you. I'm still playing with the look, but at least I feel it is on its ways to getting one. I've been spending a lot of time on it lately and my head is starting to hurt, so I'll leave it for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I do appreciate that.