About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Knitwit Bangles - 10 Year Anniversary!


This will be my 10th year of making Knitwit Bangles. Wow I'm a little freaked out by that. But also very proud. When I first started selling my jewellery in 2003 I knew that I wanted to have a career in the arts, creating original work. I knew that I wanted it to be long term, like "this is what I'm going to do FOREVER."

There have been many changes along the way, but  a commitment to making plastic jewellery has been consistent since 2004, with my I'm a Tupperware Lady show. For the last few years, as well as continuing to create and sell jewellery, I've been employed as a Business Coach. That was a wonderful experience and all came about because I gave a talk about my business to a group of the program graduates. This job ends within the next few months so I get to go back to full-time self-employment. Something I have missed. What that means is I'll be increasing my production lines, exhibiting, running my own creative and business workshops, as well as offering private coaching for creative business people (that bit is already happening!).

 This next stage of a 10 year plastic jewellery business is looking pretty wonderful too, even if it will be a little more diverse than when I first started. Being consistent and flexible really are the keys to longevity in this business.

To celebrate there is a Knitwit 2 for 1 SALE in my shop until January 31.

If you are interested in workshops or business coaching you are welcome to email me liana@lianakabel.com



2 comments:

Bea said...

Wow! These look so cool xxx

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You’ll loooove our exploded plethora of produce, girl, which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK:

Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxxins (deeply-fluent-in-sarcasm), guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, UltraIdyllic, FirepowerAddiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude