About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting My Sparkle On


I Pulled out the 'real camera' yesterday took a few shots of some new crystal jewellery I've been working on (as you can see above - rings and earrings). Last year I made some pieces with the same collection of vintage rhinestones, but this year I've approached the process a little differently.

I've not used any moulds this time. Instead I've played with free forming the resin and working it by hand. I'm always interested in finding new processes for working with materials and for pieces to evolve individually. I'll continue to play, like I always do, because I really do have many more beautiful bags of rhinestones to work through and, I'm sure, many new processes to discover.

No comments: