About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Big Blue the Blueberry


I wanted to give a mention to one of my loyal knitter supporters, Lindsay Obermeyer.Lindsay is always up to a bunch of interesting things but I'm completely in awe of her latest artistic creation. She has knitted an enormous globe sweater. The sweater wearing globe are part of an interesting and important! Public Art project, currently on display in Chicago.

This is the project - From June-September 2007, the City of Chicago will host "CoolGlobes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet," an innovative project that uses the medium of public art to inspire individuals and organizations to take action against global warming.

Over 100 extraordinary globes will be displayed along the lakefront using a variety of materials to create awareness and provoke discussion about potential solutions to global warming. Solutions that can be put into practice every day...at home, on the job and in your school.


Lindsay the sweater may be blue, but I'd say you are definitely green - great job!!

Coolglobes
Lindsay's blog
Lindsay's website

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liana,

Thank you for posting images of my work. I am honored! Your bracelets arrived yesterday and they are beyond gorgeous!!!!!!!! I am so excited! I will be the belle of the ball!

Do you need a copy of Knit.1 sent to you?

Lindsay

shula said...

This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in ages.

shula said...

Coolest thing since the Last Ice Age.

Sorry, I had to say that.

Sorry.

Liana Kabel said...

Ha Ha!!

Thanks Lindsay - I hope you have a fabulous night!!

Bobby La said...

A World Cosy. Beautiful!! Bit like the Tank Cosy I found on Boing Boing some time ago...