About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Benediction


The above artwork was purchased recently. It just spoke to me. I liked the woman depicted. I think it was because I felt like her. She looks strong, focused, feminine and mysterious. She looks like she's hiding something, and nothing all at the same time.

Maybe she isn't how I am, but more like how I would like to be. More of the time. I'm not sure really. I have placed her up on my shelf now, just above my computer. It feel like she is there to look over me and help guide my over the coming year.

Lots of changes are underfoot for 2008. Good and bad. I have been feeling worried and anxious about them, but now I think I'm just going to try to be excited. Or perhaps just a little more accepting of the surprises that life has to offer. I say bring on the new year. I'm ready now.

1 comment:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

She looks like a great role model to me...

I saw some of your stuff in real life in Melbourne last week (at arthur's circus), and I was sooooo impressed!
I'm working myself up for a bit of an Etsy purchase once I get the Christmas debt out of the way!

I think I may be delurking myself in this comment....I've been floating around here for a little while - hello!

xxxx