About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Little Reminder

The year is nearly over, and I have to say it has been a big one. As with most things in life, it wasn't perfect. 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times', and all that.

A couple of days ago I got a reminder of what I have to be grateful for. I think I have felt pretty grateful for a while now, but still, a reminder really helped. The wonderful (truly wonderful) Margaux Lange unexpectedly sent me a parcel. Within it was the book that we are both featured in (US version), a card, and the most 'perfectly me' piece of jewellery (pictured). Everything was so carefully and beautifully wrapped too.

I hope Margaux doesn't mind, but I want to mention a few things she wrote on the card. She said the Barbie pin was the first of its kind she had made, and when ' it came time to decide where it should go and what gallery would get it - I knew right away that it should go to YOU - it looks like a lolly!' She also said that I'm an inspiration to her. WOW! I felt so touched by her thoughtfulness, generosity, and plain kindness, that I'm not ashamed to say it made me cry. As it is now too. On opening her parcel my eldest daughter said, "oh mum, you are so loved". And I know that I am. Lucky me.

I know fame and fortune are fabulous things, and they are pretty high on my want list, but I was reminded that love, friendship and generally caring for others may just be a little more important in the long run. Thanks Margaux.

*********************************************
I'll take this opportunity now to wish all of you the very best for Xmas and the New Year. May 2008 be the best year yet - for all of us!

Love Liana xx

No comments: