About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting There


I fly out to Sydney on Saturday. I don't usually like flying AT ALL. I buy myself some magazines (always an Empire & something trashy like a Who or OK), bury my head in them, listen to music and try to imagine that I'm really on a bus. On the ground, not how-many-miles up in the sky - too scary! But this time I am actually looking forward to the flight. In fact I want to fly somewhere more than I actually want to get somewhere. I feel like flying to airport after airport, and flying to place after place. That feels just about right, right now. I don't care about where I am going. It is the going that counts.

I guess that notion is really a bit of a metaphor for my life at present (that is the curse of being an English major. Everything is a metaphor!) Anyway at the moment I just feel good about the journey I'm on. As long as I keep moving forward I can feel happy with that. I don't have a clue what the future will bring, and I'm not worried about it. And the past, well that's just it, it's over and I'm OK with it can staying that way. I'm going somewhere right now, that's all that matters.

Stripy Knitwit, Pictured above.
I feel if I don't have a break now I really am in danger of turning into one!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Hope to see you in Sydney!

Kara