About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

How Old Is Liana Kabel?


It must be that time of year and I find myself again on some high school assignment list. Which is fine, a little funny, and a bit flattering too. Anyway I can see by the emails that I'm receiving, and some of the google questions regarding me, that there is a bit of important information that isn't documented.

The big question appears to be how old I am. Here goes. I was born on March 16th 1969. I'll do the maths for you. I'm 38 years old, 39 in a couple of weeks, and by next year I'll be... that number is a little too scary for now. Perhaps I should start getting used to the sound of that, or otherwise I may be in danger of having some kind of tragic mid life crisis type thing.

While I'm here I'll also clarify a few other facts. I was born in Darlinghurst, Sydney and am living in Brisbane (Australia) at present. Also my last name is German and is pronounced K-bull, like cable, as in USB cable. It doesn't worry me if you pronounce it incorrectly, but I do get asked on a fairly regular basis how it is pronounced so I thought I would clarify it. I know for myself I do avoid using people's names if I’m not sure I’ll get it right.

The photo (above) of me is for Gino at Collect ("more pictures of you please"). Anyway it isn't a great one as I look a bit serious, and well, using flash is just never attractive. But I'm in a hurry as I'm off to the studio for the day, and it was the first recent one I found. And as it is Valentine's Day today let me take the chance to wish you all a happy one. Maybe because of that I’ll just make pink things today.

3 comments:

Anna Davern said...

go pisces!

Betty Jo said...

I'm March 18th.Pisces chicks are everywhere!
I gave your blog an award today,I hope you don't mind.
I only get time to read a handful of blogs , but yours is regular inspiration.

Liana Kabel said...

There really seems to be a lot of Pisceans in the arts. At one point in the studio (MoB) three out of four jewellers were fish!