About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sometimes!



Sometimes things go wrong. Somethings things go VERY wrong. And sometimes things just go wrong, wrong, wrong, and just plain wrong! That was pretty much how I would describe last week. Hopefully that bad run is over and the Easter break has done me some good. I really needed it. I'm looking forward now to a productive and peaceful week, unless I've just jinxed myself by saying that!

Anyway things will always go wrong. That's life. Sometimes you just have no control over the stuff that happens, but you do ALWAYS have control over how you choose to deal with it.

I guess last week (it really wasn't that bad, in case you are worried!) made me realise how important it is to have some good coping strategies in place for the 'just ifs' and 'just whens'. I'm still working this out, but some of my current strategies include, good friends, or at least one you can count on no matter what (if you have one of these you are truly blessed), physical activity (I go to the gym every second day now, so if any unpleasant feelings really start to grab a hold I know I only have a day before I get to punch, run or sweat them out of me. it really works, plus there is the a toning bonus too), and a good filing system (knowing where things are is such an everything savior. Being organised is not one of my god-given talents, but I'm working on it!)

Pied Piper necklace (by me), pictured above. Perhaps I'll feel more like Mr Piper this week (in a good way of course)!

No comments: