About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

What You Want Or What You Need


The slideshow 9 Daring Ideas That Blend Fashion and Sustainability showcases my designs. It is great to be included, and it is very much appreciated.

The thing that struck me about this publicity is that the images used are all my own photos. I never became the photographer that I had for years so passionately wanted to be, but in a way I guess I have become a product photographer of sorts. Having my photos published is a pretty regular occurrence nowadays. Maybe I will push that a little further and play around with other kinds of imagery one day, but at the moment I'm pretty happy with that.

I guess I'm just realising that sometimes you can get what you want when you stop trying so hard. Maybe that's more about getting what you need (The Rolling Stones agree).

No comments: