About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Supplying Promotion

It was a nice surprise to see my earrings image had been used on the new KickArts Shop flyer. It was also a good reminder that getting this sort of promotion from your suppliers is not that hard. They are often in need of good images for their websites, invitations, catalogues, advertising, etc, and if you give them some of those good images easily, there is a good chance that they will use them in some way or other.

I don't do this often enough but sending a disk of new images with your work ever now and again can really pay off, and if it doesn't what has it cost you anyway?

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats on the boost! I'm so sorry I live far from Oz and can't get to see your work up close and personal...maybe someday. In the meantime, you really inspire me!

Margaret N. said...

In the current resurgence of knitting I am so sick of hearing 'just ask your granny'. Knitting is for everyone. Even the needles are trendy - witness your work.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hey Liana, I find your jewellery designs fantastic! I actually need to study a designer for a yr 12 project and I was wondering if there is a way I can contact you and ask you some questions? Here's my email if you have the time: gaiamf@hotmail.com. Thanks!
- Gaia