About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Just Because Not Enough Things Are Pink!


I've started a few little experiments. There are a few things I've been wanting to get around to for ages. But you know how it can go, there always seems to be something more important to do and sometimes these things just get put on the back burner. Also experimenting takes time, and money, and when you you run a business you can't always afford to spend a lot of time doing these things. I do also think that you can't afford not to. It is important to stay fresh, come up with something new, and to have fun. Lots of fun! That just makes your work better, and you work better too.

At the moment I'm experimenting with dyeing various plastics, because frankly, not enough things I make come in pink!

A found tape measure dyed a lovely shade of pink - pictured above

Stay tuned for more dye jobs to follow. Perhaps I'll even try a few other colours too!

2 comments:

kit and nancy. said...

ha, so funny you should say that..look at the colour of the treats i posted today...

right here..

pink lovers unite.

Liana Kabel said...

Yes indeed! Yummo!!