About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

South Bank Young Designers Market Oct 4


October 4 I'll be at Southbank's Young Designers market for the first time. The market features a range of fashion and accessories, jewellery, homewares and arts by Brisbane's upcoming designers.

I do love to do a market. I used to do them regularly way back when I was living in Sydney. Every weekend I would go along to The Rock's markets and sell my wears. I did enjoy this, but honestly spending all week making and then spending all weekend, every weekend (expect for those weeks when I had pneumonia. Oh and the weekend I took off after giving birth) eventually took there toll! But I always though that a now and again, quality market, would be lovely to do. It'll gives me a chance to try out new designs and get an immediate response (hope to preview a few new pieces this Sunday!), meet new people, and offer some specials, which I can't always do.

So I'm giving the Young designer's market a go. I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

If you can come along I'd love to see you there. Please say hi!

Sunday 4th October 10am – 4pm
Little Stanley St, Southbank, Brisbane

No comments: