About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

YDM was FAB!


As mentioned below, I decided to give the Young Designer's Market a go last Sunday. I was equally nervous and excited as I drove off to South Bank at 7.30am. Nervous about trying something new. Probably excited for the same reason. But also excited at the opportunity selling at a market allows for meeting new people. something that doesn't happen when you work alone at home. Seeing a couple of familiar faces is always nice too, so thank you to friends and fans (always a little embarrassing to say that), who made their way down and said hi.

Since I'd never visited the market before I wasn't really sure how the day was going to pan out, and if in fact I thought it was a good market to be a part of. So my expectations weren't really that high. Also my goal weren't that high, I wasn't expecting to sell too much, and was looking at it as more of a marketing exercise. It was the end of school holidays after all.

After spending the day there I'd have to give YDM the thumbs up. I thought the market was lovely and had a great atmosphere. I felt completely comfortable there. Also it didn't hurt that I sold well, and got a lot of new people signing up for my mailing list.



My only regret for the day was that I didn't get the chance to walk the length of the market and look through all the other stalls. Guess I'll have to do the market again come November.

1 comment:

Kellie Christie said...

Hi Liana, I was planning on checking out the YDM all week and then realised that I was going to be out of town for the weekend... baby brain. I was looking forward to checking out some of your new stuff! I ran into Joan at MoB the other day and she said that you have an opening coming up at Southbank very soon??? Can you pass on the details please?

Thanks