About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

Who Knew Maths Could Be So Interesting?


Flickr is fab! I just love it! It is such a wonderful researching tool as well as a way of meeting like-minded souls and building communities. Also it isn't bad for the old self-esteem!

Anyhoo I wanted to share today's interesting find.Jessica Rosenk is a graduate student at the Harvard design school. I'm guessing as she works out if a career as an architect is for her she is playing around on the computer and making some pretty fine plastic jewellery. Her etsy site NERVOUS-SYSTEM reveals a little more about her work and her collaboration with a mathematician. Here they state, "we are experimenting with new techniques in fabrication and design to create beautiful and unique pieces inspired by the intricate processes and patterns of nature". Personally I found the delicate nature of the pieces achieved through laser cutting, the use of different plastic materials, the packaging and the inspiration behind the work most interesting.

No comments: